Another Pure EV electric scooter catches fire, video goes viral

Pure EV’s alleged EPluto 7G electric scooter has caught fire. The incident has been reported in Gujarat. This is the fifth incident of pure EV electric scooter catching fire. The fire broke out at the time of charging, in which this electric scooter was burnt to ashes. The good thing is that no one’s life was in danger in this incident. A video of the incident is also going viral.

A video of the incident has been posted on a YouTube account named Paarth Khatri. In this 37-second video, the electric scooter is seen engulfed in flames. The scooter was parked inside the house and the charger was also connected to it. The title of the video suggests that the scooter caught fire while it was charging.

However, Gadgets 360 does not verify this video. Pure EV has also not shared any official statement regarding the incident at the moment.

ET Auto’s accordingThe fire incident took place on Thursday at a house in Suvidhanath Society in Patan district, when Pure EV’s EPluto 7G e-scooter was being charged.

This is the fifth incident of pure EV electric scooter catching fire. The last incident was reported from Hyderabad last month. Pure EV also recalled 2,000 electric scooters in April.

Because the government is also serious about the fire and explosion in electric wheelers, especially electric scooters. The government is all set to introduce the EV Battery Standard (BIS Standard) for EV two-wheelers, which will later be introduced for four-wheelers as well.

Leave a Comment