Electric bike explodes in Telangana, house also gutted

Wednesday did not prove to be a good day for electric vehicles in India. While on the one hand, about 100 vehicles were burnt to ashes due to a fire in the electric vehicle parking lot in Delhi. At the same time, the second incident took place near Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana, where a house caught fire due to a sudden blast in an electric bike. The vehicle owner reportedly bought the EV a few months back. In the last few months, incidents of fire in electric vehicles of many different brands have come to the fore. The government is also looking serious about these incidents.

The New Indian Express accordingAn electric bike exploded in Pedda Chikode village of Dubbaka mandal in the wee hours of Wednesday and a house was also gutted due to it. Police said the e-bike owner Lakshmi Narayan had parked his bike at his neighbor B Durgayya’s house before going to sleep at night.

Reports suggest that the incident took place around 12 midnight when three explosions were heard. Narayan then woke up to find that his e-bike was on fire and his neighbor’s house was also engulfed in flames. Sources told the publication that the e-bike was charging at the time of the accident.

Although the entire house was gutted in the fire, there was no report of any casualty in the incident. Police said that Narayan had bought the e-bike a few months ago. Police brought the fire under control with the help of fire brigade personnel. Dubbaka police have registered a case in this regard and started investigation.

This is not the first incident on Wednesday that was related to a fire in an EV. Wednesday morning in the parking lot of Delhi’s Jamia University metro station fire Got it. The fire was so severe that it took seven fire tenders to douse it. SI of Okhla Vihar police station. While giving information, Fateh Chand said that 10 cars, one motorcycle, two scooties, 30 new e-rickshaws, 50 old e-rickshaws caught fire in the metro parking lot.

This is not the first incident of fire. At the end of last month, at the Ather Energy showroom fire incident It happened, behind which the electric scooter was said to be the reason. No one was hurt in the accident, but the showroom was badly damaged. The company had confirmed that the accident was caused by a fire in the electric scooter.

Earlier in Hero Electric’s Photon electric scooter there was a fireA video of which was also shared on social media. In this, the rear part of the scooter was completely burnt and destroyed. In this incident, a statement was also issued by Hero Electric that the cause of the fire was a short circuit in the socket.

At the same time, incidents of fire in electric scooters of brands like Ola Electric, Pure EV, Okinawa, Jitendra EV have also come to the fore in the last few months, for which government investigation is also going on.

Leave a Comment