Moving electric scooter caught fire, delivery boy saved his life by jumping

For some time, incidents of fire in e-scooters are continuously coming to the fore. Recently, such an incident has come to light, in which the rider had to jump from his vehicle after the e-scooter caught fire and he was seriously injured.

The delivery boy of online grocery shopping platform Big Basket had to abandon his ride midway as his e-scooter suddenly caught fire. The incident took place in front of the Civitech Stadium near Sector 78, Noida. In such a situation, by the time the fire marshal reached the spot, the scooter was completely burnt. The police is probing the cause of the fire. It is not known at this time what make and model of EV the rider was driving.

Where India is encouraging the adoption of electric vehicles at the passenger and commercial level. But such incidents can create a negative image. In a way, it can be said that it can create fear of EV in people. Let us tell you that a few weeks ago, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has fined electric vehicle manufacturers after an investigation into several two-wheelers catching fire in recent times.

This fine has been imposed after a high-level inquiry into several incidents of fire in electric vehicles in the last one year. Let us tell you that EV manufacturers Ola, Okinawa, Pure EV and Boom EV have recalled their electric two-wheelers after incidents like fire. It is also clear from the investigation that India has changed its EV testing standard. New standards on battery cells, battery management systems, onboard chargers, battery pack design and thermal propagation due to internal cell short-circuits came into effect on October 1.

However, globally the number of fires in EVs is less as compared to their internal combustion engines (ICEs) etc. The risk of fire in EVs arises due to the chemicals present in the battery unit. These chemicals and other components can cause EVs to heat up faster and more, making them more dangerous.

Leave a Comment