Wriddhiman Saha receives NOC from Cricket Association of Bengal to play for another state


Wriddhiman Saha, who was dropped from the Indian team, was given NOC (No Objection Letter) by the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) on Saturday, ending his 15-year association with the association under bad circumstances. Saha, a veteran of 40 Tests, was clearly told by the Indian team management that he did not need another aged wicketkeeper. Since then, Saha has been critical of BCCI President Sourav Ganguly and initially said something similar about head coach Rahul Dravid.

The CAB said, “Wriddhiman Saha came to the CAB office and sought NOC from the association through an application to President Avishek Dalmiya.” CAB also wished him good luck for his future.

CAB joint secretary Debabrata ‘Debu’ Das had alleged that the veteran wicketkeeper used to make excuses for not playing home matches for the state. An angry Saha had asked Das to tender an unconditional apology which he did not do and when the CAB official was sent to England as the administrative manager of the Indian team, Saha got the answer and took the decision.

Talking to reporters after getting the NOC, Saha said he was asked to reconsider his decision. He said, “I was asked earlier also. Repeated requests were made even today. But I had already made the decision. That’s why I took NOC today.”

Robin Peterson saddened after breaking his own world record for bowling the most expensive over, wrote by tweeting – Record breaking

Saha also said that he would never have any grievance with Bengal and would be ready to serve again if needed in future. “I didn’t have any ego-related issues with the Cricket Association of Bengal. I just had a disagreement with someone (Joint Secretary Debu), so I had to take this decision.

Leave a Comment