Zyngo will add more than 18,000 electric vehicles to its fleet

Logistics service provider Zyngo has announced the addition of 18,000 new electric vehicles to its fleet. The company says that these delivery vehicles are to be deployed across India by the end of this financial year. Zyngo is leasing these EVs from various OEMs (Original Equipment Makers). These vehicles will be included in the company’s fleet spread across several major cities including Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Mumbai.

news agency PTI accordingThe company on Tuesday said it will deploy over 18,000 electric vehicles for last-mile delivery in the country as part of its fleet augmentation plans. Zyngo caters to several leading e-grocery and e-commerce platforms with its fleet spread across Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Chandigarh.

The report suggests that Zyngo plans to foray into other markets such as Pune, Ahmedabad, Indore, Chennai, Lucknow and Bhopal, while also expanding its EV fleet in existing and new locations. The company says that it is partnering with these OEMs on the basis of robust Service Level Agreements (SLAs), wherein the complete maintenance and servicing of the vehicles is covered by the respective OEM.

Prateek Rao, Founder-CEO, Zingo EV Mobility said (translated) “We are currently on track to increase our fleet size to 18,000 EVs by the end of FY23. As a part of this, we plan to We are targeting the deployment of 10,000 EVs at various locations by 2020, and then the rest by March 2023.”

The company said that e-two-wheelers will account for about 60 per cent and the remaining 40 per cent for e-three-wheelers. In addition, the company is currently doing around three lakh deliveries per month with the help of its all electric fleet of over 850 electric two and three wheelers.

Leave a Comment